Thursday, January 7, 2016

For My Special Friend


I am very lucky to have my friend Debbie.  We first met while both volunteering in the nursery at our church when our children were babies. Then we worked together in a child care center and raised our kids together....she had girls and I had boys and we supported each other through the tough times.  When I got divorced Debbie never waivered in her friendship and has really be the one constant friendship that I have been lucky enough to maintain for the last 30 years.  Even with my moving down south nearly 14 years ago, she and I still keep in touch and can pick right up on those few occasions where we have actually been able to get together.  Well Debbie's birthday is next week and I wanted to make her a card that will make her smile so I reached for my Crazy Birds stamps and my brand new accessories and dies to put together this funky old bird for her.  I used this awesome sketch from Mojo Monday:


I turned it 45 degrees and used a birthday sentiment from Verve Stamps.

I am also entering it in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: Something New because the accessory stamps and dies for the hat, sunglasses and balloon have never been used before....my hubby gave them to me for a Christmas gift.  He is such a sweetheart!

That is about it for now.  After dinner I might work on decorating some planner pages, another card (this time a coffee-themed friendship card) and/or a traditional 12x12 scrapbook page.  What will it be??? Stop back tomorrow to see.

~~Sandi~~

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...