Thursday, May 9, 2013

Shine

I was born and raised in and near the great city of Chicago.  But don't think that makes me a landlubber.  I have always loved lighthouses and all things nautical.  And did you know Chicago has a lighthouse?  And a darn purty one at that.
 
Fast forward 50 years and I find myself living in and loving coastal Florida.  I still love the beach and all it's treasures and lighthouses still hold a fascination for me.  Dave and I visit as many as we can and to date in 10 years of marriage I think we have visited near 15 different lights.
 
When Paper Smooches posted their Sparks challenge this week, I knew I had to give it a go.
 


The challenge this week is to create a project inspired by this photo:
 
 


 
I love the red/white color scheme and the anchor pillow and that porthole rocks.  I made a card that was inspired by the overall nautical theme of the picture and what is more nautical than the sea and a lighthouse?
 
 
Don't you just love the constellation paper?  It is from the new Atlantic collection by Studio Calico and I LOVE it....perfect for this project too. I colored my lighthouse to resemble the St. Augustine lightouse which is not far from our home.  I used 3 different Paper Smooches stamps sets on this card.....Alphadots, Geo-Graphic and Smoocheroos.  I love my PS stamps!! If you would like to get your own set, check out all the stamps HERE.
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know Chicago had a lighthouse! I love how your card turned out; you nailed the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is so FUN!! I LOVE the starry sky!! I LOVE your take on the Nautical Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Mother's Day Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your card is fabulous! Love the starry sky and how you used the chevrons for waves! I grew up in Orland Park and go home every chance I get. Chicago is the best city EVAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I love the constelations in the sky too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! Love the constellation patterned paper with the lighthouse image. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH! What a beautiful card-- esp with that constellation paper!! I love that you love lighthouses-- perfect image for this theme challenge!! THANKS so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ***I know I'm late in leaving this comment-- time got away from me this week!!! Hope you will join in the fun again for the Designer Drafts challenge-- and even try out for the PSS DT call:)

    ps... I lived in midwest IN (close to Chicago-- well close for a farm girl!) and then moved to FL when I was 22. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I loved reading your post:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...