Sunday, January 22, 2012

Noah's Card


Our nephew Noah is turning four this week and I made him this card and matching envelope.  I really like the way it turned out.  Those banner pieces were a thrift store find....they are sewing notions meant to be iron-on appliques to the collar of  western styled shirt.  They look to be from the 70's-80's judging by the vintage looking packaging.  I got them for a quarter and knew they would look awesome on a card for Noah.  I was really lucky to find the cowboy themed papers in my stash, the kraft cardstock for the base is Recollections, the "happy birthday" stamp is from Stampin' Up and I printed "Pardner" on my computer.  I also made a matching envelope from kraft cardstock and just followed the instructions that came with my Martha Stewart scoring board.

Challenges entered:
ScrapFit Weekend Warm-up #23 -- use Kraft paper
My Craft Spot Challenge #42-- Let's Hear it For the Boys
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Great card Sandi! Love the western look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card Sandi. Your banner is awesome!! Great splash of color with the blue. Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an absolutely adorable card. Love how you repurposed the collar points for your banner!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. YeeeeeHawwwwwww!! Happy birthday to Noah and that card rocks!!!!! PERFECT lil cowboy card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Those papers are super - and so is the sentiment!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Great job! Thanks for participating in this week's Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    hooliewoodcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Love the banner and the papers your used.
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...these are adorable!! Love how you used the Kraft cardstock! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun card, Sandi! I'm sure Noah loved it. How cool that you were able to find the cowboy paper in your stash and the banner pieces at the thrift store. Thank you for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...